Saturday, May 2, 2009

M1 | Day 41



What most people want...I suppose men predominantly, is.....a six pack, and the question most people ask me is what exercises are the most effective for my abs.


My reply..."Lots of arm work." "Excuse me, arm work....for abs"...."correct, I reply..chopping vegetables in the kitchen."


See, the truth is, everyone has abs....or, a core but the only way to make them show through is to strip away the fat covering them.


Of course we need to strengthen our core...but remember that pretty much everything you do...when you stand, sit, get out of a car, is strengthening your core and abs are very small muscles so crunches and other specific ab work should be done the same as any other muscle...no more.


YOU NEVER NEED TO DO 1000 CRUNCHES ETC...You are just wasting your time if you do.


If you don't believe me....the pic above is my son when he was 10 yrs old and believe me he's never done a crunch in his life...he just carries very little body fat and climbs trees all day.

Remember to prepare well for the contest...especially make sure that you know exactly what you are going to eat for day 1 and get it ready sunday. That is one area where you HAVE to plan meticulously.

Enjoy the weekend



No comments: