Monday, December 14, 2009

2010 Warm Up

I woke up this morning......

.....with a tremendous sense of anticipation. I lay in bed wondering what it could be. It was still dark, before 4am...most sane people are still fast asleep and probably for another 3 hours or so.

I love the dark, and the darker the better, I don't know what it is, perhaps a refuge, a place where I can be alone in my mind where nobody can see what I'm thinking...but I digress, so, lying peacefully in bed emulating a lithe cat and stretching out, feeling my body move rythmically jerky if that makes sense...one side then the other....hmmm I was almost purring....Then it hit me....BANG

It's UPPER BODY MONDAY but more than that, I have two training partners today, both stronger than I am, unless I'm feeling super competitive and today I am.

I clumsily put the ipod headphones on in the dark and listened to daily affirmations.

"I am lean, muscular and very powerful, I have 7% body fat at 87kgs, I feel fantastic and I'm in the best shape of my life and today is going to be an amazing day."

I saw myself striding out powerfully as I am in my visualisation, big, broad smile in place, on purpose, with a place to go....

That done, chugged down my wake up protein shake, got dressed, and headed into the murky black grey sky that signifies dawn in summer in the Southern tip of Africa.

I couldn't wait to get to the gym.

Got there early....unlocked the doors, unset the alarm, opened the windows, switched on the lights...flicked a switch and heard the familiar whirring sounds of all the gym's electronic equipment coming to life...switched on the CD player and stuck ZZ Top into the deck.

All of a sudden from being a sleepy building the place had come alive....The familiar raw screeching sounds from Billy Gibbons' guitar at full blast raced out of the gym and into the surrounding neighbourhood at 100 miles an hour, dogs started howling and whatever traffic there was came to a grinding halt...

I....took a deep breath, sucked in the unique aroma of a 'working' gym in summer and smiled...I was home.

A short while later the boys arrived and withing minutes there was enough testosterone floating around that gym to
to power up a large still deeply hidden in the back waters of Tennessee.

One hour later....T shirts sodden, hearts beating somewhat faster than normal, three grown men, looked each other and grunted...GOOD JOB BOYS....WE KICKED ASS.


Whoooooo Hooooooooooo, I live for this

Have a blindingly fantastic day

Posted in Uncategorized

No comments: