Saturday, December 5, 2009

2010....warm up

K . A . S . H

When I was a young man starting out in business I learned a very important Mnemonic. It was the one you see above.

Now mnemonics are timeless and so I still see the old chestnuts around all the time KISS....Keep it simple stupid, but KASH was the one that has had the most influence on my life.

I hope there are no kids reading this but....I am extremely fortunate to have zero education...I wouldn't want them to misunderstand. For me personally it has been the best thing I could NOT have.

When I was 15 I was a stevedore on the docks in Durban loading cargo's on and off ships. I mixed with gangsters, prostitutes, smugglers and all sorts of dead beats. This was another advantage for me because I learned how real life worked.

From the docks in Durban to a war in the then Rhodesia for some more major life lessons... but that is for another post...the point is that we and only we are responsible for the knowledge we carry around and I for one am madly, crazy, permanently in love......with BOOKS.

How does your spirit grow and soar if you have no point of reference. How on earth can you fly like an eagle and appreciate the metaphor if you have never read about or listened to someone you respect talk about it intelligently. And I am talking about spirituality as well.

What makes leaders? What makes a Mother Theresa, or a Ghandi, or a Winston Churchill, or any other great leader.

I believe it is an innate knowledge and a desire to listen to that little voice that says..." Go and Do." and that voice is put there by our Creator.

I read voraciously....all kinds of books...I write too, I love to write...I have even written a book about overcoming adversity, a subject about which I consider myself somewhat of an authority....but that's also for another post but.....

.....the point I'm trying to make is, if we, by whatever means become an authority on a subject...and in this case let's talk about Health and Fitness and the emotional side of motivation as it releates to H&F are we honour bound to share our knowledge and experience, if there is even a remote possibility that it will bring hope to even one person, crying out in the wilderness...

....well I believe that we are, since I believe that, that gift has been given to us by an infinately Higher Power.

I also believe that we all have 'the gift' to a greater or lessor extent but we just don't recognise it.

So....if you believe in any way that you can help by GIVING of your knowledge and your spirit...you will find that your life will be so enriched as to wonder why, for all this time, you have been hiding your light under a bushel.

To illustrate more clearly and in real terms what I'm talking about let's look at a real time, real life example.

Sarah from the UK....or Saraaaah as I like to call her....It sounds more posh doesn't it, is a great example.

Here is a bright, vibrant, "full of life" young woman who is charismatic to the extent that wherever she goes she, quickly attracts a veritable army of followers. Now this is not by design on her part it is just that this is who she is...

She writes beautifully and weaves great pictures into her stories so as to make them so much more real but more than that she is inspirational and has great courage. If you know where she has come from to where she is now, you'll know that what she has achieved is no mean feat.

If you want to see the epitome of an incredible transformation then just grab some coffee, pop along to her blog, sit back and enjoy.

No effort on her part, she is just a leader who following her spirit.

I am certainly a big fan.

We all have a responsibility to help our fellow man and I think that if we don't we are ignoring the gifts we have been given.

Oh and By the way....the mnemonic I mentioned above...K.A.S.H ...means...Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits.

Memorise it, ingrain the words into your sub-conscious, understand the meaning...and you will have a new lease on life which will have YOU looking down on the Eagles.


G O F L Y

We are all SUPERHEROES....IF WE WANT TO BE!

No comments: