Monday, January 12, 2009

The road less travelled

The powerful motor throbbed, the rope bobbed around in the choppy water, stretched and became taught, the speed boat facing frontward looked like a monster, the pilot looked backward and shouted " are you sure you want to do this".

"Absolutely" I shouted.....the 25o hp motor growled, the front of the big boat lifted towards the sky and surged forward....the rope as taught as a bow string discarded water droplets like a WWF wrestler throwing aside apponents, and I, holding the grip surged out of the water like the loch ness monster.

I WAS WATER SKIING. Wow what a feeling. The water hard underfoot, very bumpy but supportive pulled me like a rocket up the river. Once I had my balance I started planing from side to side....the thrill and the adrenaline rush were something else.

I didn't fall, I didn't injure myself but I did conquer another mountain. Some might say foolish, I say "I'm not on this planet to hide in the closet."

My vacation was fantastic. I arrived at the beach which nearly ended my life. Stood, looked out at the point where I fell.......and felt.......NOTHING. Not a thing. It's only water I realised.

I have to admit though...every day I looked longily at the guys riding the break out past the point. Gliding silently along the face of the wave up and down, and felt envious...yes I did...but
it's one of those things I have to let go of. I havn't quite got to that point yet but I will.

To ALL my friends, hope you all had a fantastic time, I'm back and looking forward to my best year ever.

Carlos, congratulations my friend on your blog...I wish you all success.

5 comments:

Carlos said...

Dougal,
You really have the gift of story-telling. I could almost see everything you wrote. I think the adventurer will always have a place within. Glad you are back.

dougal said...

Thank you my friend it feels good to be back.

My 1-2-3 Fat Loss Solution said...

glad to have you back Dougal looking forward to your uplifting and stimulating posts.

Mike Groom said...

Dougal, great to see you back mate! I was just wondering about you. Hope you had a great month. Sounds like you have been having a great time mate. I love reading your stories. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

dougal said...

D, Mike, hey guys, good to see you again...thanks for popping in. Looking forward to a fantastic year.