Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Letter to Adam


Hey Adam,
Happened across your article (bffm insider) and your blog. WOW. My own story runs loosely parallel to yours even down to the dates.

I was going through a messy divorce in 2000 when BFL saved my life. Got great results and did another official challenge in 01 and 02 and then, speedily downhill. Just when you think you’ve got it all under control.

Fast forward to date. Have spent years beating myself up whilst struggling to get back on track. Have lied to myself about “bulking” and have started my own journey back countless times.

I finished my first challenge at 11%, 82kgs. As I stand here now I am 103kgs at 20%. Bulking…pshaa.

It’s like I have tanked 6 years…What the hell happened.

So…. You are an absolute inspiration to me and I have spent hours devouring your blog and running back and forth through all your very comprehensive info. You are my final shot. Well not really, I'll never give up.

No pressure but I intend to apply your “intelligent” concepts and practices and FINALLY overcome these demons.

I would really appreciate your mentorship and would, after serious thought, consider it an honour to be accountable to you, if you are up for that.

My “big hairy audacious goal” To become the 2007, International Body-for-LIFE, Age group winner. The last entries close 3rd September 07. I am turning 58 on October 1st.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dougal Macdonald
Johannesburg, South Africa

2 comments:

Adam Waters said...

Hi Dougal,

Thanks very much for your kind words mate. I feel privaleged and honoured that you would write such a letter to me.

I'm here for you man, I'll put up your blog on my RTP VIP Blog Roll and check it regularly to hold you accountable.

As always,

Eat Clean,
Shred Hard,
Think BIG!

Adam Waters

dougal said...

Now I really feel as though the wheel has started rolling.

Accountability to you starts where the buck stops.

Thanks Bud, I won't let you or myself down. I'm done with that.

Dougal