Thursday, August 30, 2007

....Starting is easy

It's always the easy part. I've been here before..many times. I've just registered my entry for the 2007 BFL Challenge.

Old thinking would be "hmm.. Left it a bit late, this is the last challenge of the year..if I get sick, or injured, that's it." Could that be an exit if needed?

I also recognise that it's easy to start on a "get in shape" plan when
you're full. A lot more tricky when you're hungry.

So I've gone the "burn the bridges" route. I love that story..it goes something like, "when the vikings landed on new shores, the first thing they did was burn their boats" There WAS NO OPTION but to win, no turning back. The theory is "if you leave a back door, you'll always use it.

I'm done with back doors. I've metaphorically polished my viking helmet, trimmed my beard, shone my breastplate, and standing straight and tall I AM READY.

I've told my clients, family and friends what I'm doing, I'm turning my face away from the dream stealers because I BELIEVE I can have, be, and do anything I want and right now what I want more than anything is to take my life back "BY FORCE".

I will only listen to the good voices, I will not feed the bad..I will seek support when I need it and I will trust my team to help me when I struggle...I'm not naive enough to think I won't.

I take 100% responsibility for ME, and I will see this through to the end. Then I will set new goals and begin again.

I WILL NOT FAIL.

No comments: