Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The road less travelled

So...day 1

Boy I'm out of shape, but had a super day and got the endorphins going which made me feel great.

Eating was good and my training went like this:
Quad Blaster 1 x 10reps
Lunges 1 x 10 reps
Bulgarian split squats 1 x 10 reps
Leg ext 1 x 10 reps

5 mins steady state on the indoor bike.

Big deal right....well it was for me, my legs were fried.

Tomorrow I will do some non neck stressing core work and a 20min cycle including some moderate intervals.

I'm going to go very easy and build slowly... my gut feeling tells me that I will need to resist the urge to go hard and focus on really getting healthy and re building my immune system.

I was struck by President Obama's words " we WILL rebuild ". That really resonated with me and my affirmation is also "I will rebuild and be better than before."

I'm really excited and looking forward to dancing down "the road less travelled"

No comments: