If any of the above applies to you, I have good news. Welcome to ' lifting your spirits and getting on with life 101.
- Stop reading the newspapers and listening to news or talk radio. You'll hear what you need to hear from your network.
- Start listening to music that lifts your spirits
- Wake up in the morning and start thinking about reasons to be happy
- Start writing a journal
- Set big goals followed by small goals or daily steps.
- Don't think about achieving your goals all at once, start with something small, everyday and you'll find that your momentum increases exponentially... in a year you are a giant.
- Determine to do something good for someone else each and every day. Hold the door open, stop a lift, tell someone they look nice, carry packages for someone, invite someone for coffee, call someone and tell them you love/like/are thinking about them. Small things create big results.
- Get fit...Joseph Pilates said ' The prerequisite of happiness is physical fitness ' ain't that the truth. Start a program today.
- Buy yourself a gift...doesn't have to be a porsche, could be a book you've been meaning to read.
- Get organised...Resolve to take 15 minutes at the start of each day and plan your day. Do the things you say you are going to do and you'll be amazed at how your life starts falling into place.
That's a start.....If you can't get yourself out of a slump by taking some of the actions suggested above then you might as well keep digging that hole that you've got yourself into until you hit Australia.
Life rule number one, if you've got yourself into a hole....STOP DIGGING.
Seriously, life is a wonderful gift, and it's success or failure is completely up to you. Don't waste it by stressing about thing that are probably unlikely to happen. The past is gone and you really DONT know what's in the future so live NOW.