Friday, November 21, 2008

The road less travelled

Up at 4.15am, eat, train a few clients, do my own leg training and cardio, head off to the pool for swim training. Eat, do some admin and the weekend begins. Great life, and I purposefully created it for myself.

If you are unhappy with your life change it. Yes you can.

If you dread sunday afternoons because you are already thinking about going to that lousy job monday morning there are two things you can do. Move or make it better, but don't keep on complaining about it.

It's a lot like health and fitness. If you are not happy about the way you look, fess up to yourself, be honest and do something. The more you whine to yourself about what a loser you are the more you hammer your self image. Big mistake.

You are unique....you are absolutely perfect, there is only one of you on this planet, don't waste your life THINKING about what you are going to do, make a plan and do it.

The more you knock your self image the harder it is to get going. Next monday....hmmm, heard that before.

Every day is perfect, actually....and for it to be so all you have to do is MAKE A DECISION when you wake up to make it so.

Try this...on monday morning, stand in front of the mirror, smile, look at yourself and say, 'this is going to be a wonderful day. I expect great things to happen.' and if you don't believe it say it again until you do. C'mon, it may sound silly but no one is going to see you and isn't anything infinitely better than getting up grumpy and spilling it onto your family so then you can all be grumpy.

Just for me, please, give it a shot and then let me know what wonderful things happened. I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE that they will.

Make it a habit and your life will never be the same again.

5 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Love is wonderful isn't it? Pity so many people focus on the bad. Great post Dougal, I love your outlook on life!

dougal said...

Hey Hey, Mike my old mate, how are you? doing good things yes? Yup Love is what makes the world go round...no getting away from it.
Thanks for visiting buddy.

Unknown said...

Thanks Dougal for yet another all inspiring post!

Marbella said...

Dougal of ALL you wonderful blogs I think that I like this one the very best. It´s the kind of blog that goes straight to the heart, AND gives hope and push to really do it right. I am going to do just as you say, and tomorrow will say what you want me to. Will let you know how it turned out. You know Dougal, you just have a heart of gold.
Lynda

dougal said...

Girls, thank you so much, a) for visiting my blog and b) for leaving so many positive comments. It is very encouraging and as long as I'm playing a small part in helping someone to be happy, that pushes my buttons. Again thank YOU.