Thursday, June 12, 2008

THE CRUSADES - by dougal macdonald Chief Evangalist - Day 2

I AM HUMBLED, by the tribute that appeared on Bobs blog
http://pfg-workout.blogspot.com/ that has my name on it.

This is a fine young man who has decided to make a committment to health and fitness because of a visit to the "Master's" site Adam Waters.

He has a great blog with a very powerful Look and Feel and I urge all of you to support him through his own journey.

Merci Beaucoup, mon ami....magnifique.

If my story can help one person to get off the couch and use his mouth to evangalise health and fitness...I'm eternally grateful.

OBESITY is no longer a "fat thing" it is an EPIDEMIC, a DISEASE. Take a look around our shopping malls at fat kids being PUSHED in trolleys by fat parents.

We all have an OBLIGATION to be strong and healthy if we are to be effective in a world that is becoming Ineffective.

How much credibility do we give a doctor who smells of smoke or a nutritionist who is over weight. Or a trainer who clearly is not eating what he advocates. (and I used to be one of those)

Adam Waters gave me hope and has done the same for thousand's so if you've lost motivation GO BACK TO HIS SITE and read it again. Find what it is that will help you and GET OF THE COUCH.

I'm exercizing 10 days out of hospital with a broken neck...WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE.



Saturday my 3.5km walk took me an hour today 40mins, I'm stoked. Legs tomorrow and some shoulder shruggs

It's a beautiful sunny winter's day here in South Africa and I'm thankful to be alive.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dougal--we're thankful you're alive too. Great post today. I walk thru the Mall and I can't believe how many really FAT people there are--and their kids are walking in their shoes. It's scary. What if we all had to defend our homes or homeland...how in the heck could we do that? How can any of us flee from an attacker? We are a country (USA) full of slugs. I refuse to be fat anymore...that's why I am doing my thing! I am more determined than ever to become fit again. Thank you for your inspiration. I am thankful to God for allowing your story to reach and touch us all.

Michael said...

Dougal, I am happy to see you back at it and with such a great attitude. You are taking an awful situation and turning it into something incredible. My hat is off to you mate! You know where I am if you need me!

Marbella said...

Hi Amigo Dougal,
Your blog always makes me feel to good and wanting to be a better me. Thanx for all you are showing us, and for being such a model for all. Tomorrow I too will do 3.5 km, and will measure how long it took me and tell you. Let´s go!
Lynda

KaliLilla.com said...

Awesome job, Dougal! Simply awesome.

Meredith said...

Wow, you couldn't have said it better! You are a true inspiration with your positive attitude and perseverence. I wish you a speedy recovery...it sounds as though you are well on your way.

julie8430 said...

Hey there,

your determination is inspiring - thank you for sharing your story. There are no excuses - you are right. I've been at this 8 months and have prioritized it over many other things that scratch at the door for attention . . . but it's my life. Just made my first web page to introduce myself to folks whose websites have meant the most to me:http://jko8430.tripod.com/
so you and others with know who you're inspiring. Thanks. -Julie

dougal said...

Every day I meet fantastic new people via the internet...what an amazing medium.

Shari - thank you, you are also amazing and unique. There is only one of you...make you count.

Michael, Bud, solid as a rock, that's what you are. I know you will always be there for me.

Lynda, come on let's see who's first down to 30 minutes, yeah!

Lil - thank you girl..you too.

Meredith, thank you for visiting, I love meeting new people..and thank you for your very kind words I'm blushing.

Julie, thank you for popping in too. You are right it is YOUR life, and you CAN make a difference.