Saturday, April 4, 2009

M1 | Day 14

Sorry about the single pic. It was taken at a different location with a different camera and my source pics are on a different computer..at least it's done


Whaaaa, it's a rest day today...I don't wanna rest day whaaa, I wanna go train.

Actually I really do feel like that. I am loving being able to train so much I just want to hit the gym all the time...I guess that's why I do this for a living.

But...we all need to remember that your muscles DO NOT grow while you are in the gym hoisting slabs of steel over your head...they grow whilst you are at home resting. Muscle fibre is broken down in the gym and rebuilds during periods of rest which is why sleep is mui importante.

I am privileged today to be going to watch the two best cricket teams in the world (adam vs me...or Australia vs South Africa) do battle in a day game at Centurion stadium. Apt name because these guys are gladiators. They are superbly fit athletes who put their bodies on the line every time they face a ball coming at them, at 150kms per hour...or dive acrobatically to catch the ball.

Kinda reminds me about physique transformation....How so?....well the 22 guys on the park today or not necessarily there because they are the most talented. They are there, obviously because they have talent, but more so because they WANT IT MORE than anybody else.

For us to transform we have to want it more than we want our old life.

Reminds me of a story about a North American indian boy who was talking ernestly to an elder in the tribe. He said to the elder " I have wolves running around in my head. The good ones play with each other and have fun and share their food....the bad ones fight and growl and steal food, and sometimes both sets of wolves fight with each....which ones will win."

The wise old elder replied simply " The ones you feed the most"

Be aware at all times of what is going on in your head, it is the ONLY thing we can control ...it will make or break you....


No comments: