Wednesday, April 15, 2009

M1 | Day 24




We are the authors of our own best seller.

I recently watched an interesting program on the box that asked the question of us that we have asked ourselves a thousand times.

“ Who am I”.

How do you know ? How do you find out ?....or, why do I need to know that.

If you don’t know and want to know, maybe this’ll help you.

Once again nature provides the answer.

Imagine if an apple tree didn’t know it was an apple tree….how would it produce apples ?

Well it does know it’s an apple tree and so produces wonderful fruit every season.

It has understood what it’s mission in life is and is therefore very happy. You can see that in the fruit.

It doesn’t say…”Is this all there is” or “I’m sure there is more to life than this.” It knows what it’s supposed to do and does it.

I believe we are all able to do that if we search our spirit.

How do we search ourselves to understand how to be the best we can be.

Once we understand who we are and we do what we are supposed to, we realize that no one is bigger or smaller than we are.

As a successful apple tree are we any smaller than the mountain…no because we are both what we are supposed to be.

I remember when I decided to help clients recover their lives through health and fitness the first thing I did was create a personal mission statement.

It was this:

“ To empower 5 million people to find and fulfill their purpose through health and fitness.”

Now if I buy into that 100% which I do, then I am doing what I’m supposed to be doing on this planet…..and I am, and I LOVE IT.

Try a little test on yourself. On Sunday afternoon take note of your feelings about going to work Monday. Are you thrilled or does it make you feel nauseous. If you are thrilled hang in…you’re cool. If it is the other, use your new found commitment to get healthy to find out what turns you on and find a way to make it your career.

Here’s a hint….make it something that serves others. Before you can have…you must become.

Getting fit and healthy empowers you…It gives you confidence, it strengthens your self image, it gives you the courage to take steps to do what you really want to do.

Adam Waters has successfully done that and I guarantee there is nothing he would rather do, than what he is doing.

It’s like the voting posters proclaim “If you don’t vote, don’t complain.”

I am also an “ APPLE TREE “, are you ?

No comments: