Monday, April 6, 2009

M1 | Day 15



It's a sad day for South Africa. Some years ago a massive arms deal was concluded between South Africa and some European companies. It was later discovered that there some very large bribes floating around were used to grease a few palms. Schabir Shaik is a South African businessman from the Berea, Durban, who rose to prominence due to his close association with former South African Deputy President Jacob Zuma. On 2 June 2005, he was found guilty of corruption and fraud, which also led to the dismissal of Zuma two weeks later from his position as Deputy President.

Now, the Judge concluded in his findings that Shaik had a generally corrupt relationship with Jacob Zuma and sentenced Shaik to considerable time inside one of our exclusive country clubs.

Correct me if I'm wrong or if my reasoning is suspect but if ' the two of them had a generally corrupt relationship' and one of them is off to jail, then surely the other one is also guilty....surely.

Well not only is Jacob Zuma not going anywhere since as I watch TV an anouncement has just been made that all charges have been dropped against him but he WILL become the next president of this country.

I am really, really upset about this and all I can do is shaik :-) my head, since there is zip I can do about it.

Now I bet you are thinking......OK let's see him use this one as a metaphor for health and fitness.
Well here it is.

In life we often get thrown curved balls and we have to find our own personal ways of dealing with them. Now this kind of announcement can seriously want to make me bury me head in the sand for the next 10 years or so.

My rationale is this. I live and and love Africa passionately...I was born in Africa and have lived here all my life and I don't intend to leave this continent...now this situation is way beyond my circle of influence therefore I will let it go.

My focus today will be on eating even better and training even harder and visualising even stronger images.

Therefore this situation is an advantage for me because it allows me to make the choice to have one of the best days I could have, by giving all my focus on what's important for me....you guessed it..my health and fitness.

and why....because there is nothing I can do about the decision and ladies and gentleman, girls and boys, trees and little animals...and so, that is that.

Oh and by the way, Shabir Shaik was recently released from prison way in advance of his sentence being completed, because of ill health. WOW, surprise, surprise....and it would not surprise me that after the elections when JZ is the new boss, Shabir Shaik becomes the new Minister of Finance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dougal, life has a way of working things out...there is always a payday! Glad to see you back in fine form...you're an inspiration.
D

dougal said...

Hey there, long time no see...thanks for the visit..yep life is what YOU make it, not circumstances.