Thursday, April 16, 2009

M1 | Day 25


What's it going to take?.........to win the Transformation competition

10 tips that will help to get you into good enough shape to win

Have I lost my mind...I am also a transformation contestant. Do I want to win....YOU BET...so why would I let you into my mind and tell you how I'm going to do it.

Because you are my shredder brothers and sisters and I want to share anything I can with you that will help you to get to where you want to go.

Am I competitive...absolutely, but I've been around this business a while so anything I know that will give me an advantage I am prepared to pass on to you....unconditionally.

Then we start from a level playing field which is only fair.

The most important thing to know is that you MUST have the mindset going into this thing.
No good saying....ummm I'll give it a shot because it's there, if I don't win, no worries.
Wrong. If you have entered or want to enter you obviously want to meet Adam Waters and Tom Venuto in NYC really really badly...so you need to cultivate that mindset.

As Vince Lombardi said"winning is not everything...it's the only thing"

  1. Build a desire in your heart that rages like a massive brush fire muscling it's way through the Cape-Town mountains like a high school bully.
  2. Go back to the first 7 days of the RTP-TS and do them again until you really get it.
  3. Make absolutely sure that your nutrition is perfect
  4. Make sure that you understand your training and make EVERY session count. If you are training upper and lower body on alternate days 3 days a week do you realise you only have 18 sessions...make every one of them count. Develop a winning mind set in the gym
  5. Believe in your PRW's with all your heart
  6. Your visualisation techniques are all important and are as important as the physical stuff.
  7. Adam's Transformation competition letter was written specifically you. Read it everyday and make it yours. Internalise and imagine it as if it were absolutely real. Manifest it....Make so powerful that when you get to NYC it will be deja vu...You've seen this before because you've lived it every day. This is so powerful that you really need to own this.
  8. Don't forget to create your dream body...also a critical visualisation technique. One of the original body-for-LIFE winners used this to such good effect that he ended up looking better than his dream body pic.
  9. Think about every post your write...make them count...plan so that you have time to give them substance.
  10. Finally....there are NO excuses. When it comes down to the judging there will be no...Aaah I had to work late so I couldn't train. Porter Freeman who now runs Body-for-LIFE said that the only time he could train was 3am when he got off work since he was working in a club...and his transformation was one of the best I've seen and the man was nearly 50.
If you do all these things and refuse to allow yourself to get sidetracked the worst that's going to happen is that you will be in the best shape of your life....and after all isn't that why you bought the program.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dougal such a great post! truly inspirational! Thanks for all you do with your great positive outlook! there is no "try", only "do"! i will print out your 10 steps.

dougal said...

Suz thank you...I appreciate your comments...coming from one of the shredding "greats"

Adam Waters said...

Awesome post Dougal! You certainly know what it takes to win my friend.

dougal said...

Thank you buddy, when you are my age you get a lot of practice along the way.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for truely championing the competition for us!
Brian Hildebrand

dougal said...

He Brian, thanks man, and thanks for visiting.

cody_trotman said...

Great stuff Sir Dougal! I will take your words and run with them. Can I suggest an eleventh tip?: Rip all the takeout restaurants out of the phone book (I wish I didn't have the pizza number memorized).

dougal said...

Ha Ha, I forgot that one. It's been so long since I ate Pizza anyway.