Saturday, May 9, 2009

M1 | Day 48 and CONTEST | Day 6

What happens now?

84 days are done. I'm looking the best I've ever looked....I've achieved my goals...What do I do now?

Very very common question, and very reasonable and logical.

Well, let's look at life since it's really the same thing. Hopefully, if we want to amount to anything we become goal setters but we need to be careful about how we do that.

All me life I've wanted to own my own business and way back whilst working for a publishing company I had a dream of starting an advertising agency.

My goal was then to start and build a successful agency.

I put my plan in motion and within a few months I was up and running. Five years later I had built a profitable business with some good solid clients. What did I do...I sold it.

What now? I freelanced on my own for a year or two sort of recharging my batteries.

Then, the Internet came down the pike and I thought "hmm, this lookspretty cool " and set a goal to start an internet development company. This was when no one knew what the web was all about.

Started the company, and a few years later when it was succesful, sold it.

Now what....Internet marketing, I figured had to be good...No good having a site if no one knew about it, right.

So, I thought, I want to start an Internet Marketing Company. Which I did and kept that for a couple of years.

OK Dougal, this is getting boring, get to the point.

After analysing why I kept starting businesses and selling them when they were up and running, I came to the conclusion that the answer was in my faulty goal setting. My goals had always been to start and build a succesful business but I had never thought about...what then.

When I decided to become a Health and Fitness professional I first determined that what I REALLY wanted to do was help other people get healthy and fit, and play a part in eradicating global obesity....and, I wanted to do this for the rest of my life.

How would I set a goal that would keep me in the H&F game for the rest of my days on the this planet.

I would set myself an outrageous goal that would surely keep me busy for as long as I was able to work, because starting the business and getting it running, I knew how to do, what I had never done before was see it through to the end.

I formed the goal and turned it into a personal mission statement and here it is.

" To empower 5 million people to find and fullfill there purpose through Health and Fitness "

Well I've been doing it now for 9 years and have successfully trained thousands of people, the longest I've done anything in my life. And of course, I've occasionally thought, I would like to do something else now, but I've always been drawn back to the maintaining the integrity of my goal, and so I'm still inching towards my goal and loving it... it feeds my soul, and I believe it's what I was put here to do.

and now....back to the future....what are you going to do when these 84 days are up, because both Adam Waters and I know how easy it is to think you've got it sussed, and slip back to your old ways.

I mean we are intelligent people, how can we possibly believe that we can get into top shape and then go back to eating burgers and cheese cake...I mean c'mon.

So....I urge you, now that you are entrenched in these very important 84 days to start thinking about a worthwhile goal that will excite you enough to keep you going. Maintain your accountability within the sphere, kepp the interest up, helping us is a wonderful way to do it.

I know Adam has plans to help you move from where you are now to where you want to go and what they are is not important right now, but, just know that he will have something for you.

The word diet always implies an end. This is not a diet based program, it is a LIFESTYLE based program so start thinking LIFESTYLE and ingrain it in your cranial harddrive so that when the time comes for you to leave the nest, the thought of returning to your old ways doesn't occur to you.

Start the process now and save yourself a heck of a lot of heartache later.

No comments: