Saturday, May 16, 2009

M1 | Day 56 and CONTEST | Day 14


Gratitude and Adversity.....march hand in hand

I can't tell you how grateful I am that I have played a small part in helping people to keep going on their own health and fitness crusade.

I'm grateful for the new people I meet every day online, my dear friends "The usual suspects", the shredders.

Those of you who follow my blog will know that My own personal mission statement is "to empower 5 million people to find and fullfill their purpose through health and fitness." Now I can never do that on my own talking to one person at a time, so the more people I can get to help me online, the better I am fullfilling my own calling.

So thank you to all of you who are getting something out of my blog. Don't keep it to yourself, share it with as many people as possible.

OBESITY is NOT an option. Help change the world today, NOW.

I chat to God every day....I'm absolutely NOT being blasphemous, I just have a personal relationship with Him and we chat...that's how I, ...note I, again I...believe it is supposed to be...

...for years now I have thanked Him for adversity since if I embrace adversity how can there be any downside to my life....and I'm not poo pooing balance, of course balance is important but when I thanked Him the other day I said Father, I know I thank You for adversity but did it have to be such a big SMACK upside my head.

I mean, I've been through SERIOUS challenges in my life, and pompously I said to myself a while back "hey man you very nearly lost your life".... that same day, just out of hospital, after my accident, I happened to be at a mall with my girl holding my arm, since I was feeling super weak...and sorry for myself, when I saw a father carrying his 6 year old, wearing pyjamas, lovingly in his arms. The boy's mother was walking slowly behind them.

Something made me stop Mom and ask her what was wrong with her boy. "We are taking him to Cape-Town for a heart transplant" she answered almost silently, head bowed.

BANG, another whack upside my head.

I gave Mom a big hug, which she accepted with tears in her eyes, and I stupidly mumbled something like " Everything is going to work out fine." before moving on in a daze.

I said to my girl, I can walk on my own now, thanks, and I said to myself, "get over yourself and change your attitude right this second."

WOW, what a wake up call. No matter how badly off you are, get over it, there are people out there with problems much bigger than yours.

I suddenly had a light bulb moment " God tells us things in strange ways, IF WE listen."

No comments: