Sunday, August 17, 2008

My fifteen week journey back to Perfect Health "THE SUPER CHALLENGE"

Week 2 Day 7

Sunday

What's going on in my head?

Two weeks have disapeared into thin air and what have I learned?...how do I feel?

Well the most important thing I learned was that my daughter values me and believes I am an inspiration to her....and she cared enough to put it down on paper, so to speak, in public. That takes courage AND speaks volumes.

If I had to invent a radical new technology today I think I would be less excited than I am when I read my daughters post knowing that I am an inspiration to her.

That'll put me on a high for a few years.

What else did I learn. I've suddenly realised that slowly but surely the things that I do on a daily basis are more about helping others than they are about making money.....finally I'm getting the balance right and I'm certainly more at peace with myself than ever before.

Physically I am feeling more and more confident every day. It's almost as if I have been like this forever...living with my neck fused to my shoulders by titatium rods, that is. I actually have this fading idea of what I used to feel like.

I am loving the gym and my belief in getting better than I was before gets stronger all the time. So much so that friends say " aren't you going a bit hard, shouldn't you slow down" NO, I've got too much to do.

Emotionally...I have never laid blame for the accident at anyone's door other than my own and I believe a big part of my rapid healing has been my attitude... that I take responsibility for 100% of what happens in my life. That way I never look outward for answers...they are ALWAYS, only inside of me.

You can NEVER win the blame game.

So, all in all my life is wonderful....I am happy and grateful that I am alive, fit and strong and fully able to help others get to where they want to go, in the best way possible.

Again, thank you Carlos DeJesus for your shoulder, brother, you are a rock.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROCK ON Dougal!

dougal said...

Thanks Larry, I guess that's a vote of confidence

Marbella said...

I too was amazed about the post that your daughter DEBI posted. Was so adorable to see something nice written by a real child (something that is soo, sooo rare).

You do deserve it, and am proud of you for doing what it takes to get where you are right now.

Hope your weekend was a good one.
Lynda

juli gets happy said...

It is the most beautiful comment one can receive if one reads that one is an inspiration to the own daughter. Keep this holy, it will fire you up, always.

Rock on like this,

Juli