Friday, June 19, 2009

M2 | CONTEST | Day 47



29.52 - A very significant number but before I tell you why.....the answer to your question is NO, I'm not out of my mind....I wish I was going skiing but I don't think it is on my "to do" list for a little while.


It is a beautiful cold winter morning on the Hiveld and I'm dressed for my walk.
This picture has just been taken and the thing that really struck me, is, that I'm smiling.
I suddenly realised that I havn't really smiled for quite a while. Well today I'm really, really happy.
WHY? When I woke up I got out of bed and gingerly walked the 30 or so paces to the kettle. ......One needs to have a cuppa tea when one awakens, does one not...very civilised.
What struck me was that my legs were very sore. My quads, my hammy's, my shins...No, couldn't be, could it....DOMS, delayed onset muscle soreness. But I was only using body weight for yesterday's leg work. Wow what a realisation.
I then started smiling and got HAPPY. I have reached rock bottom. Isn't that great. I have no place to go but up....and I mean way up.
Rock bottom isn't always a bad place to be. yes it hurts, emotionally, yes our pride gets dented, yes we wonder what will people who know us think of us.
Well, when we cut through that pile of garbage we will find that it's a heck of a lot easier to start anything from rock bottom than it is from half way up.
Ever tried a diet and just sailed through to your goal...well that's because you started from....you guessed it..rock bottom.
So if any of you are at rock bottom....you are ready...hook up with a friend, or ask for help and support from a shredder, read Adam Water's blog, and get going.
Yes TODAY, would be good.
By the way, that number at the top....is my walk time today - down from 40minutes
Whoooooo hoooooooooo!

No comments: