Wednesday, June 24, 2009

M2 | CONTEST | Day 51


There is gold in them thar hills.

I'm thinking that we have unearthed stuff that goes way beyond health and fitness...well it is related and does factor into our thinking.

What I'm talking about is talent. We have some talented people in the 'sphere' Gems have been unearthed and there are some special people around.

We have all...and I mean all been given a magnificent gift. Some, are still searching, some have found it but don't believe, and some are just discovering what it is but are fearful that it's not real.

Before I around in too many circles and confuse even myself, I'm talking about writing.

Go to the blog post top 100 roll and take a look down the list. There are some incredible posts which in essence are thoughts set to paper.

When I talk about good writers, I'm talking, not about stuffy gramatically correct english, or the odd spelling error. I'm talking about great story tellers. You see we all have it inside...we all have stories to tell...we just think that no body will listen....or we are afraid that our beliefs will be ridiculed.

Fear...is what stops the best stories ever heard from never seeing the light of day on paper. Well writing is about story telling and in a conversational way...as if you were telling the story to your best friend.

I am lucky in that I love to write but beyond that...because I've been on this planet for a while now and I've had way more than my fair share of adversity, for which, by the way, I am very grateful, I believe I have amassed a modicum of wisdom, assuming of course than I can find it in my cranial hard drive when I need it...but that's by the by, which allows me to share that with others in a way that may help others to grow.

My children think they know everything and I don't know how often I've heard, when I explain how something works, "No it doesn't" being the standard reply, and it reminds me of the story of the two youngsters chatting. "When I was 16 my parents knew nothing about anything...now that I'm 21 I can't believe how much they've learned."

If you want to learn about yourself and how you work, start writing. Get a journal or a clean sheet of Microsoft word and start writing...every day.

You'll soon develop a style and before long you'll be writing things that people want to read.
And an added bonus is.....we get to have all this talent in the 'sphere'

I mean if you think about the talented people in here that are striving to change their lives...can you imagine what kind of corporation we could get going. WOW...the mind boggles.

NOW...how the heck, you are thinking, does this relate to health and fitness. C'mon Dougal let's see you tie this one together.

Well you know what.....for once it doesn't. I just thought I'd write for the joy of writing...and this is what came out.

So this is dedicated to all you wonderful people, my, friends, here....with a plea to let your spirits soar by finding out what your brilliant gift is...and then to use to it to help others in any way you can.

Oh BTW, for those of you who have asked what I eat every day...here it is

Wake up Protein shake, Oats, water
Post training Protein shake, Banana, water
Mid am 3 egg scrambled eggs + baked potato
Lunch Tuna salad with brown rice
Mid pm Low Fat Cottage cheese + garden salad + 2 spns olive oil
Dinner Venison (game) + steamed broccoli (2 to 3 cups) drizzled with Ol Oil 2x spns
Pre bed Protein shake + water
2 zinc tablets

and also those who have asked about my compliance, Your assumption was right
My total shred compliance for the last 14 weeks is 100%

No comments: