Friday, June 26, 2009

M2 | CONTEST | Day 53

I have just had the rug pulled out from under me.....in a big way

My blog is late today because I have spent the whole morning in Pretoria trying to sort out the renewal of my British Passport.

I was told in no uncertain terms that because of new regulations I needed to produce all original documentation of my grandparents who originate from Scotland and my birth certificate. I was born in Zambia. I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THESE DOCUMENTS.

Plus a few more weeks to renew the passport. Now don't tell me I should have thought about this earlier.....I'll come to wherever you are and we'll have a lovely conversation about it.

I know that....but I did phone the embassy and they were quite happy to tell me on the phone that there would be no problem simply renewing my passport and yes there was plenty of time.

So....this is a big challenge to overcome. How did I feel driving back from Pretoria. Completely gutted. I actually felt physically ill.

I might as well say it now, part of my mission is the contest, I am a contest shredder and I didn't enter to come second. Now if I do not have travel documents I am going no where and will have to withdraw from the contest.

Obviously I will exhaust every avenue to try and get some sort of travel document, I don't know what it's like in your country but try phoning embassies on a friday afternoon here.

Yeah, right.

This is a biggy for me and I need to think clearly about how to deal with it.

I WILL NOT GIVE UP

No comments: