Saturday, June 27, 2009

M2 | CONTEST | Day 54

Return to the FUTURE

I think yesterday's post may deserve a little clarification.

I have always worn my heart on my sleeve, as you may have noticed. The reason I do that is because I don't want to present myself as getting everything right all the time, clearly that's not the case and so when I hit an obstacle like I did yesterday I want to expose you to how I felt and what I plan to do about it.

It's only right and proper, if I am going to write about my personal journey, to expose myself warts and all, right...right.

So...yesterday was one of those cases.....I hit a snag, a minor one really when comparing it with all of my others.

First, what was my initial reaction...Disbelief, anger, frustration, sadness, and probably a few others, but as I have written before I DO NOT STAY DOWN for long and as I write this I am as hapopy as Larry....whoever the mythical Larry is.

The way I operate in any situation is
  1. Allow my emotions to have sway
  2. Allow myself time to grieve, without trying to sound too melodramatic
  3. Give myself time to calm down
  4. Assess the problem and create a battle plan
This situation was one of those and I have gone through that process as normal.

So for any of you that think it was a knee jerk reaction, it wasn't, it was simply me documenting a taxing situation in order to allow everyone to see how I deal with tough issue.

The reason for that is...hopefully, is that it may help someone understand a new way to deal with things but...

If you think I'm talking rubbish, put your feet up, grab a cup of coffee, carry on reading the paper and forget you ever saw this.

Now...for those that are still with me, let's clear up some misconceptions.

Firstly I do not recognise the word QUIT. It is NOT in my vocabulary.
Secondly, I suggested that I might withdraw from the competition. The reason for that is simple..If I can't make it to the NYC for the "Prizegiving" why should I deny someone else the opportunity of a lifetime, literally.
Thirdly...To clarify, I have said before "If you are ONLY in the sphere for the contest, leave now." I am most definately not GOING ANYWHERE. This is a very big part of my life It is my stated intention to help people find their way back through health and fitness....Where would I go. This is my home.
Fourth....I will continue posting and piccing daily as I have been doing as if nothing were different...why would I.
Fifth...I want to thank everyone for the magnificent support I've had. It just proves once again that we are a community of givers and I'me very grateful for that, and for you all.
Sixth...I am a very competitive individual and this is one of my PRW's and IT MEANS A GREAT DEAL TO ME for a number of reasons, so to be cut down...potentially before the end, was devastating to me, I admit...but it's not about a trip to New York... I have been to New York before, it's about meeting all my friends in person it's about meeting the Icons, Tom Venuto, Adam Waters and Carlos DeJesus, it's about winning, it's about "the whole thing" and....I believe in the concept of WINNING. You may not feel the same way, and that's cool, but..you are not me.

Now....having cleared that up what am I going to do about this...well I contacted a dear friend of mine who happens to live in the UK and knows how these things work and asked her if she would mind making a phone call for me to see what can be done. She very generously said that she would go one better and would drive to London in person and grab whoever makes these decisions by the scruff of the neck until a new passport was forthcoming.

The great thing about this is....that you all know her.... My dear friend Saraaaah, is off to London monday. Another great thing about the 'sphere' is that we have all made new friends and for me Sarah is one of them. She is very generous of spirit, to which her other sphere friends, of which she has many, will attest, and I am more than grateful to her for going waaaay beyond that which she was asked.

So here is a very public thank you to dear Sarah for doing this for me...I am in your debt.

So....another day, another pic, my training is going exceptionally well and I am loving this shred to bits.

Here's to a life of health and fitness....and CHALLENGES...adversity makes you SOOO much stronger and I embrace the challenges.

I raise my glass of 'fresh water' and salute you all, courageous shredders, you are all champions. NEVER QUIT, NEVER GIVE UP.

No comments: