Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Week 3, day 2

I was talking to a client of mine this morning. He has been through the same thing that we all go through. We manage to sustain fat loss for a prescribed period of time and then we let go. That is why diet is such a filthy word. It implies that there is an end in sight and that the old life of Big Macs and cheesecake is just around the corner....well it isn't.

If we are not prepared to make a "lifestyle" change..forget about it.

For me, I was lucky enough to find Adam Waters at the same time I hit rock bottom and because of that I KNOW that I will be spending xmas on the beach covered by a six pack and not a T shirt.

As a fitness professional it has got to be the most self defeating thing in the world to be out of shape. Firstly you are always feeling terrible about the way you look... knowing what you do... and secondly, how much credibility can you have if you, as a fitness coach, are...well....FAT.

We all need to find whatever solution works for us and my personal opinion is, that full scale accountability is what works best for most people.

I suggested to my client, who happens to be a very high level executive in a major organisation, that he go to the organisation's Chairman, lay out his plan and goals, and the date by which he will achieve them and ask that if he fails to live up to his daily action steps, he would forfeit his very considerable bonus. Hmmmm....puts a different perspective on how serious you are about getting into shape.

This blog for me is such a win. There are people from all over the planet reading...well hopefully, reading my words after having seen my contract...see early blog entry...and holding me accountable. Barring a real catastrophe there is no way I'm going to skip a meal, training session or cardio workout.

So all of you reading this...please post comments, I would love to know what you think, perhaps what information you would like to see that I'm not including etc.

I would really appreciate feedback to help motivate you to go for your own goals.

Talk to me.

PS...5 good meals, good thinking, lotsa water, and a killer cardio session and....it's another day in the bag. I am getting better and stronger every day.

5 comments:

Helen said...

Nice Blog :)

Anonymous said...

hello dougal,

great blog,i also sometimes feel I'm fat,but at least I know I'm doing something about it. Thanks for all your motivation. thanks for the chat last night. I am feeling a bit beter. Thanks for everything!!!! You're a great guy!

thanks for everything!
Edan

Paul McD said...

Hi Dougal
Hi from another McDonald Hi Im Paul McDonald Im Irish just started a blog called Maddog's Fitness
So hi again
Regards
Paul

dougal said...

Thanks for your comments edan, I'm always here if you want to talk.

Paul good on yer mate, let me know what your URL is so I can go and have a look.

dougal said...

Helen, thank you, appreciate your visit, please come back soon.