Friday, September 28, 2007

Week four, day 5

Upper Body 3 x 15's - Ouch

I approach the squat rack with a little aprehension..I know what's coming.
Don't get me wrong I enjoy the session, but I know it's going to hurt.

I load up the bar smirking to myself, I know my training partner is on his way feeling a little anxiety himself.

Mark arrives, I load up with water, CrE2 (otherwise known as creatine ethyl ester hydrochloride, which, according to the container is up to 40 times more potent than creatine monohydrate and promises 100% absorbtion and a radical pump.) which I can feel working 10 minutes into the session, a bottle full of Synthevol(glutamine) my training log and I'm good to go.

I check the deadlift bar, load the correct weight...and BLASTOFF.

I've done a warm up with dumbells to loosen up my legs and feel the correct movement.

I lift the bar onto the fatty part of my deltoids just below the start of my spinal column. I feel that familiar pain of a heavy bar and embrace it. I don't use padding, I prefer the feel of the steel on my shoulders.

I push my hips back and lower them to a point below parallel with a straight but hollow back, looking straight ahead.

Feeling my way through the first few reps I get into to a rythm and crank out 15. Rack the bar check the clock and breath heavily...wow 30 seconds so soon. Step up to the deadlift bar, take the strain and rythmically grind out 15 of those.

Another 30 seconds and back to the squat rack. Now I'm breathing hard.
Back to deads, back to the rack, back to deads. Now I'm hurting and my mind is telling me it's ok to bale after 10. Man this is heavy and my lungs are gulping every millilitre of air around me. No way 15 is the number I tell the voice and that's what I'm doing.

Onto lunges and step ups, different kind of pain and really heaving lungs.

20 minutes later we're done.

I feel like I've just run a marathon...FAST

My glutes, hams, calves, arms (yeah from holding the dumbells for lunges and step ups) and abs are burning..nearly as much as my lungs but I FEEL GREAT.

I just beat my biggest enemy, the voice in my head....and...the pain in my body.

Why do I do this. Because every day I do I become more trustworthy. Every time I honour a self promise without quitting I become stronger.
Every day I get better...

and that's just menatally and emotionally

never mind the physical benefits which help my physical me incrementally.

WHAT A HIGH - CHOOSE LIFE

No comments: